Vancouver Kidney Walk 2011: Southeast False Creek Events
If you like this please push the Like button.
The Vancouver Kidney Walk 2011 is coming to the Olympic Village on August 28th. Same day registration starts at 11:00am and the walk, which is actually a 2.5km walk, a 5km fun run, or a 2.5 km dragon boat paddle, will set out from The Village on False Creek at noon.
After the Walk you can enjoy enjoy a great day of entertainment in the Olympic Village Plaza including:
* Salsa social dancing by CitySalsaVibe (main stage)
* Vancouver Theatresports League & Granville Island Improv team ‘The Fictionals’
* Medieval Swordfighting Demonstrations by The Academie Duello
* North Shore Academy of Dance performance (main stage)
* Appearances by Sidney the Kidney
* Walk warmup by Steve Nash Fitness World
* Live music: Jonathan Muller (solo guitarist); KAREN MARIA CAPO from Portland, OR. and her Live Blues Band (main stage); BC Chinese Music Association Ensemble (main stage)
You can register online for the Vancouver Kidney Walk and start raising money now. They are hoping to raise $40,000 this year.
This is the commercial they did for last year’s walk:
So, on August 28th head down to Southeast False Creek’s Olympic Village Plaza and raise some money for a great cause, get some exercise, and enjoy a day of free entertainment.