Vancouver 2011 Mini Maker Faire Is Close to Southeast False Creek
This event is not right in Southeast False Creek, but the Vancouver 2011 Mini Maker Faire is just a short walk or bike ride away at the Great Northern Way Campus. It takes place Saturday June 25th and Sunday June 26th at Great Northern Way Campus Center for Digital Media at 577 Great Northern Way (aka 2nd Ave, between Main & Clark).
Photo courtesy of oomlout on flickr.
You might be wondering what a Maker Faire is, and I was too. It is a type of high tech craft faire, but is more about sharing your creations and knowledge than selling them.
Makers at the Vancouver Faire will be featuring creations such as:
– a 5m tall wearable walking machine
– an amphibious electromechanical reincarnation of the ancient 50ft serpent
– micro-hydro power generator
– DIY Electroluminescent wire bike kits
– spin art
– a 3d printer that prints itself
– and so much more, see the list of the all the makers here
You can get tickets online here.
And there is a great preview of the workshops that will be happening at the Maker Faire here. This looks like a great event for kids.