Flu Shot Clinic at Creekside Community Centre
Do you in live in Southast False Creek and want to get the flu shot this year? There is a flu shot clinic coming up at the Creekside Community Recreation Centre. This year’s flu shot will give you protection against three strains of influenza viruses. The clinic takes place:
Friday, October 26, 2012
Why should you get the flu shot? Watch the video below from Vancouver Coastal Health.
Here is some more info from Vancouver Coastal Health:
Who can get a free seasonal flu shot?
- People 65 years and older and their caregivers/household contacts;
- Residents of nursing homes and other chronic care facilities;
- Children and adults with chronic health conditions and their household contacts;
- Children and adolescents (six months to 18 years) with conditions treated for long periods of time with acetylsalicylic acid, and their household contacts;
- Healthy children age six months to 59 months;
- Household contacts and caregivers of infants age zero to 59 months;
- Pregnant women who will be in their third trimester during influenza season and their household contacts;
- Health care and other care providers in facilities and community settings who are capable of transmitting influenza to those at high risk of influenza complications;
- People who provide essential services including first responders and correction officers;
- People who work with live poultry;
- Aboriginal peoples (on and off reserve);
- People who are morbidly obese.
Who can get a free pneumococcal vaccination?
- People 65 years and older
- Residents of any age living in residential care, assisted living or other group facilities
- People two years of age and older with certain medical conditions
- Homeless persons and injection drug users
For more info or to find another flu shot clinic visit the Flu Shots and Flu Clinics page on the Vancouver Coastal Health website.
Please click at the side to share on your favourite social network.